½ small red cabbage
1 green eating apple
1 x 15ml spoon dressing
50g canned sweetcorn, drained
Chopping board, vegetable knife, vegetable peeler, grater, measuring spoons, serving dish.
- Core the cabbage, separate the leaves and shred into thin strips.
- Arrange the strips around the edge of the dish.
- Remove the top and bottom of the carrot, then peel and grate. Place the grated carrot into the centre of the dish.
- Remove the top and bottom of the radishes and cut into quarters. Arrange on top of the carrot.
- Cut the apples into quarters. Slice away the core, and then cut into chunks. Arrange over the salad.
- Sprinkle over the sweetcorn and sultanas.
- Pour over the dressing.
- Vary the salad ingredients. You could use white cabbage instead or red, or try grated courgette instead of carrot.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?