½ honeydew melon
1 small bunch red grapes, seedless
1 small bunch of white grapes, seedless
20 wooden cocktail sticks, chopping board, sharp knife.
- Remove the grapes from their stalks.
- Peel the satsumas and pull each apart into individual segments.
- Remove the skin and seeds from the melon.
- Cut the melon into small cubes.
- Thread pieces of fruit onto a cocktail stick.
- Serve on a plate.
- Use a small tub of fruit flavoured fromage frais as a dip.
- Try using different types of fruit such as strawberries, bananas and apples.
- Veggie kebabs are a great alternative. Try using 8 cherry tomatoes, 100g cheddar cheese cut into cubes, 4 baby sweetcorn cut in half, 8 prunes and 10cm piece of cucumber cut into cubes. You could use 50g low fat cream cheese as a dip.
- Ask an adult to help remove the skin from the melon.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?