1 ripe avocado
1 clove of garlic
Chopping board, vegetable knife, mixing bowl, lemon squeezer, garlic press, fork, serving dish, a plate.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone, peel and place in the mixing bowl.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice from one half of the lime into the mixing bowl.
- Peel and crush the garlic then add it to the other ingredients.
- Mash all the ingredients together with the fork and serve.
- Serve with grilled tortilla bread cut into triangles, toast sticks or baby sweetcorn.
- Try adding some finely chopped tomato.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?