100g low fat cream cheese
100g mackerel, canned in tomato sauce
A handful of chives
Mixing bowl, juice squeezer, chopping board, knife, scissors, spatula, serving dish.
- Tip the mackerel and tomato sauce into the mixing bowl, then add the cream cheese.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime and add it to the mixing bowl.
- Using scissors, snip the chives into the bowl. Add a few twists of black pepper.
- Stir everything together to form a smooth dip, and transfer to a serving dish.
- Try using spring onions instead of chives.
- Swap the low fat cream cheese for low fat plain yogurt
- Serve with pitta bread, carrot or pepper sticks.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?