2 large pears
Small adult thumbnail sized piece of ginger
Chopping board, vegetable knife, bowl, vegetable peeler, juicer, fork, 2 small glasses.
- Cut the cucumber into sticks and the pears in 8 pieces - place these into the bowl. Make sure the cucumber and pear pieces are small enough to fit into the top of the juicer.
- Peel the ginger.
- Switch on the juicer, and push the pear into the juicer – mind your fingers!
- Add the ginger and the cucumber.
- Turn off the juicer.
- Whisk the juice and pour it into the glasses.
- Try using other fruit and vegetables, such as tomatoes, celery or plums.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?