250g cooked, peeled prawns
1 x 5ml spoon sesame oil
1 x 5ml spoon vegetable oil
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
2 large oranges, segmented
3cm fresh root ginger peeled and sliced
Wok, chopping board, sharp knife, wooden spoon, measuring spoons, serving plate.
- Heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil in the wok.
- Place the grated ginger and red pepper in the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the prawns and cook for a further minute.
- Add the oranges and cook for 1 minute.
- Try using other vegetables such as baby corn, mange tout or courgettes.
- Swap the oranges for limes.
- Experiment with other flavours such as soy sauce, fresh or dried chillies, or coriander.
- Serve with rice or egg noodles.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?