45g canned salmon, drained
6 cucumber slices
10g butter or soft spread
Chopping board, sharp knife, spreading knife, can opener, plate.
- Place the bagel on the chopping board and cut in half.
- Thinly spread the butter or soft spread on each half of the bagel.
- Place the canned salmon on the bottom half of the bagel and top with the cucumber slices.
- Top with the other half of the bagel and cut in half.
- Try different types of bagel such as multigrain, sesame or onion flavoured.
- Experiment with different fillings, such as tuna, chicken, ham, hummus or egg.
- Add other vegetables such as tomato, avocado, lettuce or sweetcorn.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?