2 celery sticks
½ small cucumber
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
4 x 15ml spoons hummus or pâté
1 x 15ml spoon natural yogurt small bunch of chives
Sharp knife, chopping board, kitchen scissors, mixing bowl, spoon, plate.
- Cut the celery into 5cm lengths (about as long as your finger).
- Cut the cucumber into 5cm lengths.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways, to form a flat base.
- Scoop out the seeds from the cucumber.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds and stalk.
- Cut into large wedges.
- Place the hummus and yogurt in a bowl.
- Snip the chives into small pieces, using kitchen scissors, into the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the vegetables.
- Remember to wash all vegetables before preparing them.
- The seeds in a pepper may sting. Try not to touch your face when handling them.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?