100g hard cheese, e.g. Cheddar or Caerphilly
3 x 15ml spoons of milk
¼ x 5ml spoon of made mustard
2 thick slices of bread
Chopping board, grater, measuring spoons, small mixing bowl, spoon, oven gloves, tongs, table knife, fish slice.
- Preheat the grill.
- Grate the cheese and place in the bowl.
- Add the mustard and milk to the cheese and stir everything together.
- Carefully, put the bread on a grill pan and, using the oven gloves, place under a hot grill, until the bread is toasted on one side.
- Carefully, remove the toast from the grill and place it on the chopping board untoasted side up.
- Spoon over the cheese mixture and spread it right to the edges.
- Carefully, place the toast back under the grill and cook until the cheese has melted and bubbles.
- Carefully, remove the Welsh rarebit from the grill wearing oven gloves and serve.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?