1cm piece fresh ginger
1 small onion
1 small can pineapple chunks in juice
200g turkey stir-fry breast strips
1 x 5ml spoon mild chilli powder
1 x 5ml spoon mild curry powder
400ml light coconut milk
Chopping board, vegetable knife, grater, sieve, red board, frying pan or wok, mixing spoon, measuring spoons, measuring jug.
- Prepare the ingredients:
- peel and grate the ginger;
- peel and finely dice the onion;
- drain the pineapple;
- cut the turkey into chunks, thoroughly washing and drying hands after touching the raw meat.
- Spray the frying pan or work with oil and add the onion, ginger, chilli powder and curry powder. Stir-fry gently for 3 minutes.
- Add the turkey and fry for 5 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the coconut milk and the pineapple.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce is reduced, and the turkey cooked with no pink meat remaining.
- Serve with boiled rice.
- Use peeled and diced mango as an alternative to pineapple.
- For a vegetarian option use firm tofu cut into cubes or canned, drained chickpeas reducing the cooking time as necessary.
- Serve with brown rice for added fibre.
This recipe was adapted from a recipe for Caribbean turkey curry, which was kindly donated by Tesco plc.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?