100g brown mushrooms
80g seafood (Enoki) mushrooms (or another available kind)
1 garlic clove
1 x 15ml spoon water
100g spinach leaves
2 x 5ml spoon oyster sauce (or vegetarian alternative)
Chopping board, vegetable knife, saucepan, measuring spoons, mixing spoon.
- Prepare the ingredients:
- slice the brown mushrooms;
- remove the end of the seafood mushrooms;
- peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms, fry gently for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the water.
- Add the spinach leaves, stir well until they wilt.
- Add the oyster sauce (or vegetarian alternative).
- Mix well, cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve warm as a side dish.
- This is a versatile recipe which works with many other leafy vegetables, including broccoli. Why not try other kinds of mushroom as well?
- Vegetarian/vegan alternatives to oyster sauce include mushroom-based soy sauce, hoisin sauce or sweet soy sauce.
This recipe has been kindly donated by Georgine Leung.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?