1 large courgette
4 spring onions
½ Savoy cabbage
60g baby spinach
1 x 15ml spoon oil
200g can chopped tomatoes
150g frozen peas
Pinch of smoked paprika
1 x 15ml spoon sweet chilli sauce
Chopping board, vegetable knife, colander, large frying pan and lid/tin foil, can opener, mixing spoon.
- Prepare the ingredients:
- wash and halve the courgette lengthways and then slice;
- wash and slice the spring onions;
- trim and shred the cabbage;
- wash and drain the spinach.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the courgette and the white part of the spring onion for 4-5 mins.
- Add the cabbage and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Bring to simmering point.
- Stir in the spinach and peas, then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with black pepper.
- Make 4 small wells in the vegetables and crack an egg into each.
- Cover with a lid or large piece of foil and cook for 5-6 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.
- Sprinkle with the paprika and the remaining spring onion.
- If using, drizzle with the sweet chilli sauce before serving.
- Use canned tomatoes with added herbs or garlic for a flavour change.
- Control the hob temperature to ensure the sauce does not stick or too much liquid evaporates.
- Use fresh peas or other vegetables when they are in season.
- Try other spices such as chilli powder for seasoning.
This recipe was kindly donated by Co-op Group Limited.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?