1 small onion
½ green pepper
1 x 15ml spoon milk
Freshly ground black pepper
Chopping board, vegetable knife, small bowl, fork, measuring spoon, small frying pan, mixing spoon.
- Prepare the ingredients:
- peel and chop the onion;
- chop the tomato;
- deseed and chop the green pepper.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Add the milk and stir well.
- Season with black pepper.
- Spray the frying pan with oil and add the onion. Cook over a medium heat until they are soft, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato and pepper. Cook until soft, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the pan. Cook gently, stirring lightly.
- Cook until the egg is firm.
- Add ¼ x 5ml spoon chilli flakes for a spicy kick!
- Add chopped coriander for extra colour and flavour.
- Serve on a toasted English muffin, with traditional cornbread or in toasted tortilla cones (see recipe for method).
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?