700g potatoes, diced
3 x 15ml spoon vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
150g mushrooms, sliced
150g cherry tomatoes, halved
4 slices lean back bacon
4 medium eggs poached
Saucepan, colander, small frying pan, masher, large frying pan, fish slice.
- Boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender, drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 4 minutes, add the mushrooms and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Roughly mash the potato and mix into the onion mixture and season.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon under a pre-heated grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide the potato hash into 4 rounds.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the hash rounds for 2 minutes on each side
- Top with bacon and a poached egg and serve.
Ideal for using up leftover cooked potatoes. Sausages could also be added to this breakfast brunch.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?