700g potatoes, diced
3 x 15ml spoon vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
150g mushrooms, sliced
150g cherry tomatoes, halved
4 slices lean back bacon
4 medium eggs poached
Saucepan, colander, small frying pan, masher, large frying pan, fish slice.
- Boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender, drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 4 minutes, add the mushrooms and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Roughly mash the potato and mix into the onion mixture and season.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon under a pre-heated grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide the potato hash into 4 rounds.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the hash rounds for 2 minutes on each side
- Top with bacon and a poached egg and serve.
Ideal for using up leftover cooked potatoes. Sausages could also be added to this breakfast brunch.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?