75g carrot, peeled and finely grated
110g plain wholemeal flour
2 x 5ml spoon baking powder
½ x 5ml spoon ground cinnamon
50g light soft brown sugar
50ml semi-skimmed milk
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
50g dried cranberries
Grater, large bowl, spoon, muffin tray, muffin cases, skewer, cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰C, Gas Mark 6.
- Place the grated carrot into a large bowl and stir in the flour, wheatgerm, baking powder, ground cinnamon and sugar.
- Gradually add the milk and oil followed by the egg and mix well until evenly blended.
- Finally stir in the cranberries.
- Divide the mixture into 6 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool slightly before serving.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?