75g carrot, peeled and finely grated
110g plain wholemeal flour
2 x 5ml spoon baking powder
½ x 5ml spoon ground cinnamon
50g light soft brown sugar
50ml semi-skimmed milk
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
50g dried cranberries
Grater, large bowl, spoon, muffin tray, muffin cases, skewer, cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰C, Gas Mark 6.
- Place the grated carrot into a large bowl and stir in the flour, wheatgerm, baking powder, ground cinnamon and sugar.
- Gradually add the milk and oil followed by the egg and mix well until evenly blended.
- Finally stir in the cranberries.
- Divide the mixture into 6 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool slightly before serving.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?