250g plain flour
1 x 5ml spoon baking powder
1 x 2.5ml spoon fine sea salt
175g cooked bacon, chopped
50g mature cheddar cheese
1 x 5ml spoon mustard
Pinch of cayenne
1 x 5ml spoon chopped thyme leaves
2 free range eggs, lightly beaten
65g melted butter or 80ml vegetable oil
Sieve, mixing bowl, spoon, muffin tin, paper cases, cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C or Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare muffin tin lined with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and fold everything together with the lightest of touch, until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until golden and firm.
- Remove and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?