250g plain flour
1 x 5ml spoon baking powder
1 x 2.5ml spoon fine sea salt
175g cooked bacon, chopped
50g mature cheddar cheese
1 x 5ml spoon mustard
Pinch of cayenne
1 x 5ml spoon chopped thyme leaves
2 free range eggs, lightly beaten
65g melted butter or 80ml vegetable oil
Sieve, mixing bowl, spoon, muffin tin, paper cases, cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C or Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare muffin tin lined with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and fold everything together with the lightest of touch, until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until golden and firm.
- Remove and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?