100g jumbo oats
100g mixed dried fruits (e.g. 50g dried cranberries, 50g sultanas)
25g almonds, roughly chopped
½ x 5ml spoon ground cinnamon
2 x 15ml spoons clear honey
200ml semi-skimmed milk
2 ripe pears, cored and grated
Mixing bowl, spoon, large baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 160⁰C, Gas Mark 3.
- Mix together the oats, dried fruit, almonds and cinnamon and spread out on a large baking tray.
- Drizzle over the honey and mix to evenly coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden. Allow to cool.
- Stir in the milk and allow to soak, in the fridge ideally, overnight.
- Stir in the grated pears and serve with yogurt or a little extra milk.
Great for on-the-go breakfast, simply place in a sealed pot or container with a little natural yogurt.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?