1½ cups water
2 tbsp skimmed milk powder
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp sunflower oil
½ tsp salt
1 cup/160g wholemeal bread flour
2 cups/320g strong white bread flour
1 cup/about 120g muesli
1¼ tsp fast action yeast
¼ cup/about 30g dried cherries or cranberries
¼ cup/about 30g roughly chopped nuts (mixture of almonds, hazelnuts & macadamias)
½ cup chopped dried apple rings
Breadmaking machine, weighing scales, measuring jug, measuring cups, measuring spoons, oven gloves, cooling rack
1. Measure the ingredients into the pan in the order they are listed above excluding the cherries or cranberries, nuts and dried apple at this stage. This ensures the best mixing and therefore the best result.
2. Select large loaf size by pressing the loaf size button and then press the start button.
3. During the second kneading the machine will beep ten times to signal the addition of nuts and fruit. Add the cherries, nuts and apple at this stage.
4. When the loaf is ready, the machine will beep and the loaf tin can be removed using an oven glove, be careful as it is very hot.
5. Allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes before turning pan upside down and tapping the loaf onto a cooling rack.
If you wish to make the muesli loaf but don't have a time-delay function, add the dried fruit and nuts with the other ingredients, adding them last.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?