110g/4oz caster sugar
100g/3½oz plain flour
½ tsp vanilla essence
3-4 peach halves/slices
½ pint whipping cream or thick yoghurt
50g icing sugar
25cm/10 inch round loose-bottomed cake tin, measuring scales, mixing bowl, wooden spoon, sieve, metal spoon, cooling tray.
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5
- Grease cake tin and dust with a little icing sugar.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in a bowl for 8-10 minutes until the mixture is light and creamy and is capable of holding its shape.
- Mix the flour and cornflour and then gradually sieve it into the bowl – about one third at a time - folding gently after each addition.
- Now add the vanilla essence and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to the cake tin, level out and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked. When the sponge is cooked remove from the tin and place on a cooling tray. Halve the cake lengthways to make a sandwich.
- When the cake is cool decorate with peach slices and cream or yoghurt.
- Sprinkle or dust with icing sugar.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?