¼ white cabbage
1 medium apple
2 x 15ml spoons of low fat mayonnaise
Chopping board, sharp knife, vegetable peeler, grater, mixing bowl, measuring spoon, mixing spoon.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- shred the cabbage;
- top and tail, then peel and grate the carrot;
- core and grate the apple.
2. Place the cabbage, grated carrot and apple in the mixing bowl and add the low fat mayonnaise.
3. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Instead of using only low fat mayonnaise experiment with different combinations of low fat mayonnaise mixed with low fat plain yogurt, fromage frais or crème fraiche.
- Try adding other vegetables such as onion or celery. Why not try making a super salad?
- You can use lots of different ingredients such as fruit, meat, fish, potatoes or rice.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?