1 pack halloumi
1 yellow pepper
8 cherry tomatoes
1 garlic clove
1x5ml spoon mixed herbs
Chopping board, knife, skewers, garlic press, pastry brush.
1. Cut the halloumi cheese into large cubes.
2. Prepare the vegetables:
- top, tail and thickly slice the courgettes;
- wash and halve the mushrooms;
- deseed and thickly slice the yellow pepper;
- peel and crush the garlic.
3. Thread the halloumi and vegetables onto kebab sticks.
4. Mix a few sprays of the oil with the herbs and garlic.
5. Brush the mixture over the halloumi and vegetables.
6. Barbeque, grill or oven bake until brown, turning occasionally (10-15 minutes).
- Experiment with different herbs and spices - try paprika or chilli flakes to give it a kick!
- Try different vegetables, or add some pineapple for a sweeter kebab.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?