50ml semi-skimmed milk
Handful of parsley
Vegetable peeler, chopping board, knife, saucepan, colander, potato masher.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut in half.
- Bring potatoes to the boil, simmer until tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes using a colander.
- Mash the potatoes with the milk until smooth.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Add a spoon of grainy mustard for a twist.
- Stir in chopped spring onions for extra crunch.
- Add interest by adding parsley, reduced fat cheese or mustard.
- Add cooked vegetables, like cabbage or Brussels sprouts.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?