1x5ml spoon mixed herbs
1x15ml spoon parmesan
2 chicken breasts or 200g thighs (or myco-protein pieces)
1x15ml spoon plain flour
Grater, chopping board, two small bowls, fork, small plate, sharp knife, red chopping board, baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or gas mark 6.
- Grate the cheese and place in a small bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, and herbs and mix.
- Pour the flour onto a small plate.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Cut the chicken into ‘nuggets (approximately 4cm x 3cm chunks) using a clean chopping board. Ideally a red one.
- Dust the chicken in the flour.
- Dip in the beaten egg.
- Roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on the baking tray.
- Repeat steps 7-10 for all the chicken pieces. Thoroughly wash and dry your hands.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add garlic, chilli, fresh herbs or spices to the breadcrumbs.
- Change the chicken for pieces of fish, such as cod and haddock.
- Make your own breadcrumbs – either whiz bread in a blender or use a grater. Try different types of bread for variety.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?