300ml apple juice
2 x 5ml spoons honey
2 x 15ml spoons ricotta
Pinch of cinnamon
Saucepan, measuring jug, measuring spoons.
- Peel and core the pears.
- Bring to the boil the water and apple juice and carefully add the pears.
- Cook until soft, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from the poaching liquid.
- Serve with a spoon of ricotta and sprinkle over the cinnamon and a drizzle of honey.
- Try poaching other fruits such as apples, nectarines or plums.
- Try low fat crème fraiche, for serving instead of ricotta cheese.
- Toast some flaked almonds and sprinkle over instead of the cinnamon.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?