200ml semi-skimmed milk
25g blackberries or half a banana or 1 pear
¼ x5ml spoon cinnamon
1x5ml spoon honey
Saucepan, measuring jug, wooden spoon, serving dishes, measuring spoons.
- Put the oats into a saucepan.
- Stir in the water and milk and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the porridge into 2 bowls.
- Peel and slice the banana or pear if using.
- Stir in the fruit, cinnamon and honey.
- If in a hurry, make a microwave porridge sachet and add a handful of fruit, e.g. chopped banana, berries or canned peaches.
- Add a handful of muesli to the porridge.
- Make a bircher:
- put the oats in a bowl, pour over the milk and add a small portion of maple syrup and lemon juice;
- mix and put in the fridge overnight;
- in the morning add fresh fruit such as raspberries or blackberries.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?