200ml semi-skimmed milk
25g blackberries or half a banana or 1 pear
¼ x5ml spoon cinnamon
1x5ml spoon honey
Saucepan, measuring jug, wooden spoon, serving dishes, measuring spoons.
- Put the oats into a saucepan.
- Stir in the water and milk and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the porridge into 2 bowls.
- Peel and slice the banana or pear if using.
- Stir in the fruit, cinnamon and honey.
- If in a hurry, make a microwave porridge sachet and add a handful of fruit, e.g. chopped banana, berries or canned peaches.
- Add a handful of muesli to the porridge.
- Make a bircher:
- put the oats in a bowl, pour over the milk and add a small portion of maple syrup and lemon juice;
- mix and put in the fridge overnight;
- in the morning add fresh fruit such as raspberries or blackberries.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?