200g red lentils
1 red pepper
100g reduced fat cheddar cheese
Small bunch parsley
2 x 15ml spoon low fat plain yogurt
Saucepan, colander, chopping board, knife, grater, measuring spoons, bowl, mixing spoon, non-stick baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Boil the lentils until cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the lentils.
- Deseed and finely chop the pepper.
- Grate the cheese.
- Chop the parsley.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and beat.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a non-stick baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden.
- Use a different type of cheese for interest, e.g. Stilton or feta.
- Add flat-mushrooms, different herbs or vegetables.
- Use leftover vegetables or visit local markets for special offers on veg!
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?