200g red lentils
1 red pepper
100g reduced fat cheddar cheese
Small bunch parsley
2 x 15ml spoon low fat plain yogurt
Saucepan, colander, chopping board, knife, grater, measuring spoons, bowl, mixing spoon, non-stick baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Boil the lentils until cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the lentils.
- Deseed and finely chop the pepper.
- Grate the cheese.
- Chop the parsley.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and beat.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a non-stick baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden.
- Use a different type of cheese for interest, e.g. Stilton or feta.
- Add flat-mushrooms, different herbs or vegetables.
- Use leftover vegetables or visit local markets for special offers on veg!
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?