1 red onion
1 clove of garlic
Chopping board, knife, measuring spoon, oven dish.
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC or gas mark 6.
2. Prepare the vegetables:
- peel the onion and cut into wedges;
- top, tail and slice the courgette;
- halve the tomatoes;
- deseed and thickly slice the pepper;
- peel and crush the garlic.
3. Place the vegetables and garlic in an oven proof dish and spray with oil
4. Roast for 20-30 minutes.
- Be creative and use different types of vegetables, why not try: beetroot, celeriac or fennel?
- Add a kick and pop-in a few slices of red chilli.
- Use left-over roasted vegetables to make a soup (make up some stock with hot water; blend the vegetable with stock; reheat and serve – simple!)
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?