1-2 x 15ml spoons tandoori paste
4 x 15ml spoons low fat plain yogurt
8 chicken drumsticks or 2 chicken legs
Large bowl, measuring spoons, spoon, red chopping board, sharp knife, tongs.
- Cut the lemon in half and juice.
- Mix the tandoori paste, yogurt and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Remove the chicken skin. Thoroughly wash and dry your hands after touching the raw meat.
- Score the chicken with a sharp knife.
- Cover the chicken with the tandoori mix. Allow to marinade for 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Barbeque, grill or oven bake, turning occasionally (15-20 minutes). Ensure that the chicken is completely cooked through – the juices run clear and no pink meat remains.
- Serve with a green salad, mint yogurt dressing and rice.
- Removing the skin from the chicken leg will help to reduce the amount of fat in the meal.
- You can also use chicken breast, however chicken legs tend to be cheaper - just remember to remove the skin!
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?