4 x wholemeal rolls or thins, halved
1 x stick celery, trimmed
½ x red pepper, deseeded
1 x spring onion, trimmed
100g canned chickpeas, drained
4 x 15ml spoons reduced fat soft cheese
1 x 5ml spoon mild curry powder
Handful lettuce leaves, washed
Small mixing bowl, fork, chopping board, vegetable knife, kitchen scissors, 2 mixing spoons, table knife, 1 large plate.
- Place the chickpeas in the bowl and crush with the fork.
- Slice the celery.
- Snip the pepper into small pieces.
- Snip the spring onion into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the lettuce and bread) together, thoroughly.
- Open a roll or thin and spoon a quarter of the mixture onto one half.
- Place a few lettuce leaves on top of the mixture.
- Close the sandwich and put it on the plate.
- Repeat with the other 3 rolls or thins.
- Try other ingredients in the sandwich filling such as sweetcorn, grated carrot, chopped apple or pineapple.
- Try different types of bread.
- Serve with a salad garnish.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?