1 large garlic clove
1 x 15ml spoon dried oregano or mint
2 x 5ml spoon olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
250g lean boneless lamb leg, shoulder or steaks
½ a yellow pepper
8 cherry tomatoes
8 small or 4 large wooden or metal skewers, chopping board, garlic press, 2 x knives, red chopping board, mixing bowl.
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. Peel and crush the garlic.
3. Add the crushed garlic, olive oil, dried herbs and black pepper to a mixing bowl and stir well.
4. Using a clean knife and separate chopping board cut the lamb into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes. Thoroughly wash and dry hands after touching raw meat.
5. Add the cubed meat to the marinade and mix well.
6. Prepare the vegetables:
- deseed and slice the pepper into 2.5cm cubes;
- top and tail the courgette and cut into 2.5cm cubes.
7. Add the vegetables to the marinated lamb and mix well.
8. Thread the lamb, pepper, courgette and cherry tomatoes onto 4 short or 2 long wooden (previously soaked) or metal skewers.
9. Cook the kebabs under the pre-heated grill for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally until any meat juices run clear.
- Use a red chopping board to help prevent cross-contamination.
- Try adding halloumi or paneer cheese.
- If time allows, leave the meat to marinate covered in the fridge before use.
- Line the grill tray with tin foil to make washing up easier.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water to prevent burning during cooking.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?