450g pork mince
4 spring onions
2 garlic cloves
1 x 15ml spoon fresh coriander
5cm fresh ginger
For the dipping sauce:
1 x 15ml spoon (1tbsp) soy sauce
1 x 5ml spoon (1tsp) honey
1 x 15ml spoon (1tbsp) sweet chilli sauce
Large mixing bowl, chopping board, vegetable knife, juicer, mixing spoon, oven tray, small mixing bowl, measuring spoons.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Place the pork mince in a large mixing bowl.
3. Prepare the ingredients:
- remove the root and slice the spring onion into circles;
- crush the garlic;
- chop the coriander;
- zest the lime;
- cut the lime in half and juice.
4. Add all the prepared ingredients to the bowl with the pork mince and stir well.
5. Divide meat mixture into 12 equal balls. Flatten slightly and place on an oven tray. Remember to thoroughly wash and dry your hands after touching the raw meat.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Make dipping sauce:
- pour the soy sauce into a small mixing bowl;
- add the honey and sweet chilli sauce;
- stir well.
8. Check the bites are cooked through.
9. Serve with the dipping sauce.
- Serve with new potatoes, baby corn, sugar snap peas and tender stem or purple sprouting broccoli. Alternatively, service with noodles and stir-fried vegetables.
- Instead of ginger and lime juice, why not try cinnamon and orange juice?
- Add some grated apple or chopped pineapple for extra texture and a fruity flavour.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?