6 rashers unsmoked dry cured back bacon
225g green beans
400g canned mixed beans (drained weight)
50g canned lentils (drained weight)
4 sundried tomatoes
1 x 15ml spoon parsley
1 x 15ml spoon dill
1 x 15ml spoon mint
1 x 15ml spoon chives
150g mozzarella cheese
3 x 15ml spoon olive oil
1 x 15ml spoon lemon juice
Oven gloves, tongs, vegetable knife, 2 chopping boards, saucepan, colander, can opener, measuring spoons, mixing spoon, large mixing bowl, jar with lid, serving bowl.
1. Pre-heat the grill.
2. Grill the bacon rashers for 2-3 minutes each side or until crispy and set aside to cool.
3. Top and tail the green beans.
4. Place the green beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 3-5 minutes, until just tender.
5. Drain the green beans and set aside to cool.
6. Drain the canned mixed beans and lentils.
7. Prepare the tomatoes and herbs:
• finely chop the sundried tomatoes;
• chop the parsley;
• chop the dill;
• chop the mint;
• chop the chives.
8. Mix the bacon, green beans, mixed beans, lentils, fresh herbs, torn pieces of cheese well together.
9. Place olive oil, lemon juice and sundried tomato pieces into a jar with a lid.
10. Shake the mixture together well.
11. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
Try other varieties of cheese or herbs to create a different flavour.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?