2 little gem lettuces
1 x 15ml spoon coriander
4 lean beef minute steaks
1 x 15ml spoon oil
200g fresh peas
1 x 10ml spoon curry powder
3 x 15ml spoon reduced fat crème fraiche or mayonnaise
Vegetable knife, chopping board, measuring spoons, non-stick frying pan or griddle, pastry brush, tongs, plate, cling film, weighing scale, large bowl, small bowl, mixing spoon, knife.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- tear the lettuce leaves into pieces;
- thinly slice the radishes;
- roughly chop the coriander.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan or griddle until hot.
3. Season the beef minute steaks with the black pepper and brush with oil on both sides.
4. Cook the steaks according to your preference (based on a 2cm thick steak):
- rare: 2 minutes on each side;
- medium: 4 minutes on each side;
- well done: 6 minutes on each side.
5. Transfer to a warm plate, cover with cling film and leave for 1-2 minutes.
6. Place lettuce, sliced radish and peas in a large bowl.
7. Mix the curry powder, crème fraîche and coriander in a small bowl.
8. Slice the beef steaks into thin strips then add to the salad, along with any meat juices.
9. Pour a little of the sauce over the steak and salad and serve the remaining sauce in a separate bowl.
- The dressing can be spooned over the beef steaks or served on the side with crusty bread.
- If you have more time to make a special meal, you could use sirloin steak and cook on a prepared barbeque.
- Defrosted frozen peas could be used instead of fresh peas or try adding a spoonful of sultanas or almonds for a change.
- Try mild or Madras curry powder according to how hot you would like the dressing.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?