½ stick celery
4 baking potatoes
450g lean minced beef
425g can baked beans
2 x 15ml spoon tomato ketchup
1 x 5ml spoon chilli or curry powder
100g canned or frozen sweetcorn
Vegetable knife, chopping board, fork, frying pan, mixing spoon, can opener, plate.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
• wash and thinly slice the celery;
• wash and thinly slice the leek;
• wash and pierce the potatoes several times.
2. Dry fry the lean minced beef with the leek and celery for 3-4 minutes until browned.
3. Add the baked beans, tomato ketchup, chilli (or curry powder) and sweetcorn. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Cook the potatoes in a microwave oven for approximately 10 minutes (microwave times may vary).
5. When cooked, slit the potatoes open. Be careful, the potatoes will be hot.
6. Serve the mince piled into the potatoes.
• The filling can also be used with flour tortilla wraps and served with coleslaw and salad.
• Try a little grated low fat cheese sprinkled on top.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?