1 celery stick
2 medium onions
100g Cheddar cheese
1 x 15ml spoon chives
450g lean minced lamb
1 x 15ml spoon dried rosemary
1 lamb stock cube
2 x 15ml spoon flour
2 x 15ml spoon tomato purée
3 x 15ml spoon Worcestershire sauce
75g wholemeal plain flour
75g plain flour
Vegetable knife, chopping board, vegetable peeler, weighing scales, grater, large saucepan, mixing spoon, measuring spoons, measuring jug, kettle, ovenproof dish or four individual ovenproof dishes, large mixing bowl, oven gloves.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare the ingredients:
- finely chop the celery;
- peel and finely chop the onions;
- peel and finely chop the carrots;
- grate the cheese;
- chop the chives.
- Dry fry the minced lamb in a large saucepan for 5-8 minutes until brown.
- Stir-in the celery, onions, carrots and rosemary - cook for 5 minutes.
- Make up the stock.
- Stir in the flour, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, stock and a few twists of black pepper.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and then reduce the heat.
- Spoon the mince mixture into an ovenproof dish or four individual ovenproof dishes.
- Place the wholemeal and plain flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the cheese and chives.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the mince.
- Bake the crumble for 30 minutes, until golden brown on top and bubbling.
Serve with green vegetables and new potatoes.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?