8 spring onions
1 x 5ml spoon mint
120ml natural yogurt
¼ x 5ml spoon chilli powder
225g lean lamb neck fillet or lamb leg steaks
2 x 5ml spoon Fajita seasoning
100g baby spinach leaves
4 x flour tortillas
2 x knives, 2 x chopping boards, measuring jug, grater, zester, peeler, measuring spoons, small mixing bowl, non-stick frying pan or wok, mixing spoon, serving plates.
1. Prepare the ingredients:
• slice the cucumber;
• finely slice 2 spring onions;
• roughly chop 6 spring onions;
• peel and grate the carrot;
• zest and juice the lemon;
• roughly chop the mint.
2. Mix the natural yogurt, cucumber, finely chopped spring onions, cucumber, chilli powder and fresh mint in a bowl and set aside.
3. Using a clean knife and chopping board cut the lamb neck fillet or leg steaks into thin strips.
4. Dry fry the lamb strips in a non-stick frying pan or wok for 5-6 minutes.
5. Add the fajita seasoning and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the carrot, roughly chopped spring onions, lemon zest and juice.
7. Remove from the heat and stir in the baby spinach leaves.
8. Divide the mixture evenly between the 4 flour tortillas.
9. Place a spoonful of yogurt mixture on top before rolling up the flour tortillas.
These can be served with a large pile of mixed salad leaves.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?