1 small mango
1 green chilli
1 green pepper
2 x 15ml spoon fresh coriander
225g lean lamb leg steaks
½ x 5ml spoon chilli powder
2 x 5ml spoon olive oil
4-5 cherry tomatoes
2 x 5ml spoon sweet chilli sauce
10 x wooden skewers, knife, chopping board, juice squeezer, measuring spoons, weighing scales, 2 x small bowls, mixing spoon, tongs, oven gloves, plate.
1. Soak the skewers in water.
2. Prepare the ingredients:
• cut the flesh from the stone of the mango, peel and cut into chunks;
• deseed and finely chop the green chilli;
• deseed and finely chop the green pepper;
• finely chop the coriander;
• juice the lime half.
3. Using a clean knife and chopping board cut the lamb leg steaks into cubes.
4. Thread three cubes of lamb on to four wooden skewers (pre-soaked in water to prevent burning).
5. Mix the chilli powder and half of the oil in a small bowl.
6. Thread the mango chunks and 5 cherry tomatoes on to 4 separate skewers.
7. Preheat the grill or prepare the barbecue.
8. Grill the lamb kebabs for 8-10 minutes, brushing with the chilli oil and turning once, until the meat is cooked and the juices run clear.
9. Grill the mango chunks and cherry tomatoes for 2-3 minutes.
10. To make the mojo: combine the green chilli, 5ml (1tsp) oil, green pepper, coriander, sweet chilli sauce and the lime juice in a small bowl.
• Serve with a large vegetable salad and spoonfuls of the tasty mojos.
• If time permits the lamb cubes could be marinated before threading onto the skewers.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?