½ small cauliflower
2 large handfuls spinach
1 x 15ml spoon oil
2 x 15ml spoon medium curry powder
2 x 15ml spoon tomato purée
2 cans (400g approx.) chopped tomatoes
450g lean minced lamb
Vegetable knife, chopping board, vegetable peeler, large saucepan with lid, measuring spoon, mixing spoon, can opener, plate.
- Prepare the ingredients:
- peel and chop the onion;
- cut the cauliflower into small florets;
- peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes;
- roughly chop the spinach.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add the curry powder, tomato purée, cauliflower and potato and coat all the ingredients in the mixture.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir well.
- Divide the mince into 14 portions and firmly shape these into balls using slightly damp hands.
- Gently stir the meatballs through the vegetables.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, place the lid on the saucepan and reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Carefully stir the meatballs and vegetables, coating all the ingredients with the juice.
- Add the spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Try stirring through a mango chutney and serving with pumpkin pilau rice.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?