1 small red onion
2 x 15ml spoon fresh flat-leafed parsley
2 x 15ml spoon fresh mint
675g lean minced lamb
1 x 15ml spoon paprika
6 x wooden skewers, vegetable knife, chopping board, large bowl, weighing scales, measuring spoon, plate, cling film, oven gloves, tongs
1. Soak the wooden skewers in water.
2. Prepare the onion and herbs:
• peel and finely chop the onion;
• chop the parsley;
• chop the mint.
3. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Use slightly damp hands to divide the mixture into 6 equal sized portions.
5. Roll each portion into a sausage shape and mould around the 6 skewers.
6. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
7. Preheat the grill or prepare the barbeque.
8. Cook the lamb skewers under the grill, or on a prepared barbeque, for 6-8 minutes each side until cooked and the juices run clear.
- Why not try minced pork or beef?
- Try adding different finely chopped vegetables for a change in flavour, e.g. grated carrot or courgette.
- Serve the skewers on top of grilled Mediterranean flat bread, a side salad and a dollop of hummus.
- Metal skewers can be used instead of wooden skewers
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?