450g lean minced beef
1 x 15ml spoon English mustard
1 x 15ml spoon tomato ketchup
2 x 15ml spoon chilli sauce
1 x 15ml spoon fresh thyme leaves
2 red onions
1 yellow pepper
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 x 15ml spoon olive oil
2 x baking trays, zester, weighing scales, measuring spoons, large bowl
1. Pre-heat the oven 180°C or Gas Mark 4.
2. Grease or line two baking trays.
3. Zest the lemon.
4. In a bowl mix the minced beef with the English mustard, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, lemon zest and fresh thyme.
5. Season with black pepper, mix well and shape into 4 burgers.
6. Place the burgers on a baking tray.
7. Prepare the vegetables:
• peel and thickly slice the red onions;
• wash and slice the courgette lengthways;
• wash, deseed and slice the pepper into rings.
8. On a separate tray place the red onions, courgette and pepper. Add the sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary and drizzle with the olive oil.
9. Place the burgers and vegetables into the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes
Serve with crusty bread and a dollop of natural yogurt mixed with chilli and lemon zest.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?