2 garlic cloves
100g green beans
1x 15ml spoon fresh mint
225g lean pork fillet
100g frozen broad beans
4x 15ml spoon plain yogurt
Zester, vegetable knife, 2 x chopping boards, juice squeezer, measuring spoon, knife, weighing scales, 2 x large mixing bowls, cling film, saucepan, colander, griddle pan or frying pan, tongs, small mixing bowl, mixing spoon
1. Prepare the ingredients:
• zest and juice the lemon;
• peel and thinly slice the garlic cloves;
• top and tail the green beans;
• roughly chop the mint.
2. Using a clean knife and chopping board thinly slice the pork fillet into 4 thin medallions or round pieces of meat.
3. Place the pork in a mixing bowl with half of the lemon juice and rind, the garlic and a few twists of black pepper.
4. Cover and place the dish in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to marinate.
5. Place the green beans and broad beans into a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until just tender.
6. Drain the green beans and broad beans.
7. Drain the juice from the pork and discard.
8. Heat a griddle pan or frying pan and cook the pork medallions and garlic for 2-4 minutes each side until lightly browned.
9. Make a dressing by mixing together the yogurt with the remaining lemon juice and rind and three quarters of the chopped mint.
10. Mix the beans and pork together in a clean large mixing bowl.
11. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with the remaining mint.
Try other cuts of meat such as pork loin
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?