1 garlic clove
2.5cm ginger root
1 x 15ml fresh coriander
2 spring onions
225g lean pork mince
1 x 15ml soy sauce
1 x 15ml sherry
1 x 5ml honey
1 x 15ml sweet chilli sauce
Vegetable knife, chopping board, garlic press, grater, measuring spoons, zester, juice squeezer, measuring scales, large mixing bowl, mixing spoon, baking tray, oven gloves, small mixing bowl.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C or Gas mark 4.
2. Prepare the ingredients:
• peel and crush the garlic;
• peel and grate the ginger;
• chop the coriander;
• finely slice the spring onions;
• zest and juice the lime.
3. Mix the pork mince, garlic, ginger, coriander, spring onions, lime zest and juice together in a large bowl.
4. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
5. Shape each portion into a patty (roll into a ball and flatten slightly).
6. Place the patties onto the baking tray.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until the juices run clear.
8. Mix the soy sauce, sherry, honey and sweet chilli sauce together in a small bowl to make the dipping sauce.
· Try adding small pieces of vegetables such as grated carrot or courgette to the patty mixture.
· Serve the patties with the dipping sauce, a cucumber and spring onion salad and toasted pitta breads.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?