Salad potatoes such as Charlotte, or smooth potatoes such as Desiree
Pepper for seasoning
Oil for greasing paper
Peeler, vegetable knife, chopping board, saucepan, colander, greaseproof paper, fish slice.
- Preheat the oven to 230-250°C.
- Choose small, even sized potatoes.
- Wash, peel and rewash the potatoes.
- Turn into 8-sided barrel shapes, about 5cm long and 2.5cm across in the centre, reducing to 1.5cm at each end.
- Prepare enough barrels for 2-3 per person and place in a saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Refresh in cold water immediately and drain using a colander.
- Place the potatoes on lightly oiled greaseproof paper or a non-stick tray, season lightly with pepper and place in the oven for about 1 hour.
- Turn the potatoes after about half an hour and cook till golden brown.
- Use spray oil for greasing the paper.
- Why not try spray oil flavoured with garlic or herbs.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?