Fluffy potatoes such as Maris Piper and King Edward
100ml whole milk
25g butter or soft spread
Pepper for seasoning
Peeler, vegetable knife, chopping board, large saucepan, oven-proof dish.
- Wash, peel and re-wash the potatoes.
- Cut into 6mm dice and place in a saucepan.
- Barely cover with milk, season lightly and allow to cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Melt the fat gently in a saucepan or the microwave.
- Place in an oven-proof dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and melted fat.
- Brown in the oven or under a grill and serve.
- Use semi-skimmed milk and reduced fat spread to reduce the fat content of the dish.
- Use wholemeal breadcrumbs for added fibre.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?