Fluffy potatoes such as Maris Piper and King Edward
100ml whole milk
25g butter or soft spread
Pepper for seasoning
Peeler, vegetable knife, chopping board, large saucepan, oven-proof dish.
- Wash, peel and re-wash the potatoes.
- Cut into 6mm dice and place in a saucepan.
- Barely cover with milk, season lightly and allow to cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Melt the fat gently in a saucepan or the microwave.
- Place in an oven-proof dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and melted fat.
- Brown in the oven or under a grill and serve.
- Use semi-skimmed milk and reduced fat spread to reduce the fat content of the dish.
- Use wholemeal breadcrumbs for added fibre.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?