1kg of fluffy potatoes, such as Maris Piper and King Edward
1 x 15ml spoon oil for frying
Peeler, melon scoop, chopping board, saucepan, frying pan.
- Pre-heat the oven to 230°C.
- Wash, peel and re-wash the potatoes.
- Scoop out balls with a melon scoop or ‘noisette spoon’.
- Blanch the potato balls in boiling water.
- Fry in a little oil in a sauté or frying pan to colour.
- Finish cooking in the oven.
- Use spray oil for frying the potatoes.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?