1kg of fluffy potatoes such as Maris Piper and King Edward
Oil for frying
Pepper for seasoning
Peeler, vegetable knife, chopping board, frying pan, heat resistant spoon.
- Select medium to large potatoes.
- Wash, peel, re-wash.
- Trim on three sides and cut into 1cm slices.
- Cut the slices into 1cm strips.
- Cut the strips into 1cm dice.
- Wash well and dry with a paper towel.
- Cook in shallow oil in a frying pan until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper, season lightly.
- Sprinkle with chopped herbs such as parsley, dill or chives.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?