2 medium fluffy potatoes
e.g. Maris Piper or King Edward
400g can baked beans
45g hard cheese of your choice
Green salad leaves, to garnish (optional)
Fork, can opener, saucepan, grater, chopping board, knife, spoon, plate.
- Prick the potatoes several times with a fork and place in the microwave on high (900W) for approximately 10 minutes, until soft. (Microwave times may vary).
- While the potatoes are cooking, open the baked beans and gently heat them in a saucepan.
- Grate the cheese.
- Once the potato is cooked, slit it open. Be careful, the potatoes will be hot.
- Spoon over the beans and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately with salad leaves (optional).
- For a lighter version use, low sugar/salt canned baked beans or reduced fat hard cheese.
- For a crispy skin, once cooked in the microwave place potatoes on a baking tray, in a hot oven (220⁰C, 200⁰C Fan, Gas Mark 7) for approximately 20 minutes.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?