500g new potatoes
1 x 15ml spoon oil
1 large onion
1 x 5ml spoon turmeric
1 x 5ml spoon cumin powder
1 x 5ml spoon coriander powder
¼ x 5ml spoon dried chilli flakes
100g frozen peas
1 handful baby spinach
Frying pan, wooden spoon, measuring jug, vegetable knife, serving dish.
1. Prepare the ingredients:
- cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces;
- peel and slice the onion.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion over a medium heat until soft and slightly caramelised, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the spices and chilli and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring continuously to release the flavours.
4. Add enough water to cover the ingredients and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
5. Add the potatoes to the pan, cover and cook until they are tender – about 10 minutes
6. Add the peas five minutes before the end of cooking stir and replace the lid.
7. Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Serve with a fresh raita made from reduce fat natural yogurt, grated cucumber and 1 x 5ml spoon mint sauce.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?