1 large onion
1 x 15ml spoon oil
2-3 cloves of garlic (optional)
1 x 15ml spoon fresh herbs, or 1 x 5ml spoon dried herbs, or 2 x 15ml spoons pesto
A handful of cooked potatoes
Fat or oil to grease baking dish
Frying pan, wooden spoon, vegetable knife, large bowl, fork, baking dish (greased and lined with baking parchment), oven gloves.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C.
2. Prepare the ingredients:
- peel and slice the onions;
- slice the courgette;
- crush the garlic (if using);
- chop the herbs;
- slice the cooked potatoes.
3. In a large frying pan, fry the onions and courgettes together in the oil until the onion is translucent and the courgettes are softening. Add the garlic about two minutes before you think the onions and courgettes will be ready – there’s less risk of overcooking it this way.
4. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the herbs or pesto, then stir in the cooked vegetables and sliced potatoes and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased, lined, baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Serve with a crisp green salad and fresh crusty bread.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?