500g leftover mashed potato
Freshly ground black pepper
150g packet couscous (flavour of your choice)
Small saucepan, large bowl, kettle, large plate, baking tray.
- Hard boil eggs, then once cooled, remove all shell.
- Whilst eggs are cooling, cook the couscous according to the packet instructions, if plain, flavour with spice like Cajun.
- Coat cooled eggs in 0.5 to 1cm of potato which has been seasoned with black pepper.
- Roll in cooked couscous.
- Shape into a ball, make sure all eggs are even.
- Bake in the oven for 5-7mins or until crisp.
- Use quails eggs for bite sized Scotch eggs perfect for a finger buffet!
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?